May 1, 2013

Review: Escape (Vampire King Triology) by Kenya Wright

Escape

Writer: Kenya Wright

Translater: -

Language: English

Page Number: 127

Publisher: Secret Cravings Publishing 

 A domina’s only purpose in life was to birth vampire children for the Quiet King. Any human woman with the domina gene spent their lives in the castle under strict rules and the guards’ watchful eyes. Brie has been a domina for two years. After witnessing the slaughter of babies, she plans to escape and seeks help from Samuel, a vampire known for aiding many out of slavery.

However, Samuel has only one policy. He won’t help dominas escape the king. The penalty is too high and their blood triggers powers in him that he doesn’t want released. So Brie is forced to lie about being a domina and Samuel is lured in by her blood. Something emerges within them that they can’t deny, overwhelming their every cell and igniting an all-consuming hunger that neither can flee.

The concept was great. A totally original idea after all. To top it all it had illustrations! It has been a long time since I truly enjoyed a vampire themed novell. It was hot, funny and captivating.(Since I read way too many of them they all started to look same to me with little diffrences.) It was easy to read but I'm not saying that the language is weak. It was filled with adventure from the start and I must admit that I really felt the need and sexual tension between Brie and Samuel. Also it keeps you wondering non-stop so you cannot drop it from your hand. It was this well written. But it was shorter than I expected. I was expecting a bit more character info I guess. But let me hint you the writer covered that up at the next books. Since I already devoured all three of the books I think there's no need to say that I would read the other books of the series since I already gladly did. But she is definitely one of the writers that I'm going to follow from now on. I am recomending it to everyone.


My reviews for the 2#Captured and 3#Freed will be here in no time.

 Author Info

Kenya Wright always knew she would be famous since the ripe old age of six when she sang the Michael Jackson thriller song in her bathroom mirror. She has tried her hand at many things from enlisting in the Navy for six years as a Persian-Farsi linguist to being a nude model at an art university.

However, writing has been the only constant love in her life. Will she succeed? Of course.

For she has been coined The Urban Fantasy Queen, the Super Iconic Writer of this Age, The Lyrical Genius of Our Generation. Granted, these are all terms coined by her, within the private walls of her bathroom as she still sings the Michael Jackson thriller song.

Kenya Wright currently resides in Miami with her three amazing, overactive children, a supportive, gorgeous husband, and three cool black cats that refuse to stop sleeping on Kenya’s head at night.

International Giveaway



Rating: 4.5/5 

0 comment:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to drop me a comment :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com